Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Incredible HULK Forever!


Qassia

Being too long in front of my laptop, working from home (as I am self-employed, yet to give enuff salary for myself..hehe!) really almost make my brain to a stand-still or even worse, haywire! So yesterday, I decided to go movie watching, (it has been a while since my last visit to the cinema) and this time around I chose to watch "The Incredible Hulk".

Why Hulk? Well...this 'character' has been in my life even before I know how to read. I still remember clearly the TV series in the late 70's and early 80's, starring Bill Bixby as Dr.David Banner and Lou Ferrigno as his transformation into the Hulk. Though that time I was around 4-5 years old and didn't yet really know how to converse in English, I can rephrase clearly Banner's then popular quote: "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You won't like me if I am angry!" (hey...this quote really applies to me until now, as no one will like me if I am angry...hahaha!)

Actually, The Hulk, tv series or movie, is a Marvel's comic adaption character and story. Here I'm not going to write long on any reviews regarding any of the HULK ever appear into 'life' either, since you can read a lot of it elsewhere in the net or mags, just a brief self-opinion on Hulk 2003 vs the newest 2008 remake.

At first, I was wondering - why a remake instead of a sequel? In 2003, I did almost fall asleep in the cinema while watching the movie - alone. Waiting for Bruce Banner to turn into the green monster, waiting for the green monster to indulge in action, waiting and waiting. Almost the same effect when I watched 'Thin Red Line" or any other 'artistic' or 'peotic' movie. Not to say it was boring me to sleep....but almost. Well...I'm not saying that I'm against this type of approach, being an artistic man myself sometimes, but doesn't Hulk suppose to be full of action?

Anyway, Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk was a good movie, despite numerous critics and not so good sales, in a way or rather. And now came 'The incredible Hulk'. As far as I am concern, I like this one better, in terms of storyline, the CGI (It HAS to be better since 5 years had passed), and the look of HULK himself. At least, now they make him talking a few lines (Hulk indeed is a talking character based on the comic's, not muted like in the 2003 version or tv series...only roaring!). The Hulk remains at constant size, not like the 2003's which will grow bigger as it becomes more outraged (more like a genie to me, not an organic being). Edward Norton as Bruce Banner resembles a bit more of David Banner (Bill Bixby) in the TV series, compared to Eric Bana.

Actress? Well...being me, of course I prefer Jennifer Connelly to Liv Tyler, as the former has 'fuller' ladylike figure despite the breast reduction she undergone (why in the name of Hulk did she done that? I checked all of her pics ever published on the net, she wasn't a Dolly Parton, maybe a bit of Salma Hayek, but what's with the reduction? Damn!) Anyway, Liv did a fair good job in reliving the role of Elizabeth Ross. All and all...both Jenny or Liv are indeed good and pretty actresses.

Too much I want to say on Hulk, nevertheless I enjoyed my time and RM6 (that's why I go to watch movies only on Wednesdays) spent watching this new Hulk. If you like actions and out-of-reality creatures, go and watch this. The storyline and plot is acceptable. And for sure you will enjoy it the whole couple of hours!

*Wanna see more of Jennifer Connelly? Click HERE.

Now, if you haven't watch the movie, here's the 2 minutes trailer (true HD version).

No comments: